Watch the video with your mentee(s), then use the questions below to have a mentoring conversation with them.
- Could Gerald swim when he joined his school’s swim team?
- How bad was he when he first started swimming?
- How good can Gerald swim now?
- Gerald said, “If I couldn’t handle not being good at something, then how could I consider myself a successful person.” What did he mean by this?
- Can you handle not being good at something, because you are taking on a new challenge?
- Why does fear of failure cause people to not even try in the first place?
- What does the saying, “You have to crawl before you can walk and you have to walk before you can run,” mean?
- What is something that you want to learn but you have hesitated in learning it because you don’t want to fail or look foolish?
- How does this video change your mind about failure?
- In the Bible, in Joshua 1:9, God says, “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."How does this verse encourage us to not fear failure?
- Have you received Jesus as your Lord and Savior?
After the mentoring conversation, click on the red link to fill out and submit the survey form: Survey Link. Please do this to help us know how this material is being used. It is quick and easy. Thanks!