Discussion Questions (to discuss article with mentees):
1. What was Bryant's family life like?
2. What did he do at age 15?
3. Why does he want to become a police officer?
4. What happened to Bryant, one day, as he was walking down the street in the Bronx? Why does he think this happened to him? What did he do?
5. Has this happened to you? What did you do?
6. What does he wish the NYPD would acknowledge? (last line of the 4th to the last paragraph)
7. What do you wish the police in your city would admit? What changes need to be made in police departments to stop police brutality?
8. What did Bryant say he would do if he became a police officer? What is the code of silence?
9. If you became a police officer would you break the code of silence? Why or why not?
10. In the Bible in Amos 5:24, God says, "But let justice roll on like a river, righteousness like a never failing stream." What is justice and righteousness? In what ways do the police need to apply this verse? In what ways do you need to apply this verse?
11. Have you received Jesus into your life as your Lord and Savior?