Click on the video and watch it with your mentee(s). Then scroll down for discussion questions.
1) What does "Competitive Excellence mean (re-watch the first part of the video, if needed)?
2) What are you striving to be the best at (at school, in sports, at home, etc)?
3) How is losing part of the process of becoming successful?
4) Are you learning and growing from your failures? How?
5) What does huge success come from?
6) What are the little things that you need to do every day to be successful? Are you doing those things? How?
7) According to Coach John Baxter, what is winning?
8) Are you following the rules in what you do? Do you have integrity and do you work well with others? Explain?
9. In the Bible in Matthew 5:48 it says, "Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect." What does God think about excellence?
10. Have you received Jesus as your Lord and Savior?
After the mentoring conversation, click on the red link to fill out and submit the survey form: Survey Link. Please do this to help us know how this material is being used. It is quick and easy. Thanks!