Watch the video below with a youth(s), then use the questions below to have a mentoring conversation with them.
- What was the song talking about?
- What does the repeating line, "Before you love me, you gotta respect me," mean to you?
- Why is respect so important in a relationship?
- What does the song mean when they sing, "If you with me then you with me. And you're not with no one else. And if you want me then accept that I won't go for nothing else"?
- What could cause a person to get angry with their girlfriend or boyfriend?
- How can a person prevent getting violent with their girlfriend or boyfriend?