Watch the video below with a youth(s), then use the questions below to have a mentoring conversation with them.
- Are you growing up in an urban community, also known as The Hood?
- What do other people outside of The Hood think of you and your community?
- How does this affect you?
- How does this song encourage you to ignore the negative things that people may say or think about you and your community?
- How will you prove people wrong about you and your community?
- What are positive qualities of the community you are growing up?
- What are some ways your community is preparing you for success?
- How will you use this to go into the rest of world to be confident and succeed in what you do?
- When you succeed, will you return back to “the hood” to encourage other youth to be confident and succeed in spite of what others say or think? Why or why not?
*Do You Believe This Conversation Made A Difference? If So, Click
*Let us to know how this material is being used...
After the mentoring conversation, click on the link to complete our survey: Survey Link. It is quick and easy.