Watch the video with your mentee(s), then use the questions below to have a mentoring conversation with them.
- What was the kind act done for Mitchell, the equipment manager?
- Who did it? Why?
- What did Jonathan say was the reason why he gave the ball to Mitchell so that he could make a basket in the game? (He said that he was taught to treat others the way he wanted to be treated.)
- What was given to Jonathan because of what he did?
- How many people show kindness to people with physical or mental disabilities?
- Have you seen people make fun of people with physical or mental disabilities?
- Have you participated in this by laughing along with them?
- What will you do next time when someone is laughing at or making fun of someone with a disability?
- In the Bible, in Luke 6:31, Jesus says, "Do to others as you would have them do to you." If you had a disability, how would you want others to treat you?
- Have you received Jesus as your Lord and Savior?