Watch the video below with a youth(s), then use the questions below to have a mentoring conversation with them.
1. What did Kevin Durant say about Steph Curry in the post-game news conference?
2. Did Steph respond with words or with action?
3. What were his actions?
4. What does this teach you about how to handle people talking trash about you?
5. What do you usually do when someone starts talking trash to you?
6. How does this affect you? Does this get into your head? Does it cause you to lose confidence?
7. Why is it better to let your actions speak for you?
8. In the Bible in Ephesians 4:29 it says, "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up..." What does this verse teach us about how we should be using our words?
9. Have you received Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior?