Watch the video with your mentee(s), then use the questions below to have a mentoring conversation with them.
- In the song it talks about a mentor being sort of like a ripcord. How is a mentor like a ripcord?
- Also, in the song it says that a mentor is sort of like a surfboard. How is a mentor like a surfboard?
- The last part of Verse 1 talks about young people giving up on life or being confused. Do you know any of your peers who are like this? Are some doing drugs?
- What is a big sis? Big bro? Big homie?
- How are you or how can you be a big sis, big bro, or big homie for your peers or siblings?
- Who will you go mentor?
- In Matthew 28:19, Jesus tells us to go and make disciples. What does this mean? How does this fit into mentoring others?
- Have you received Jesus as your Lord and Savior?