Watch the video below with a youth(s), then use the questions below to have a mentoring conversation with them.
- What did Monte do behind his mother’s back?
- Why did he fill the potholes?
- What are other things that Monte does in his community for free? Why does he do it for free?
- Do you do some things for free? What, when and where? Why?What kind of impact did Monte have on the government officials of his city?
- Why does everybody need to do something (for free) to serve others in their schools, jobs or community?
- What could you do to help make things better in your school or community?
- Is there a service club in your school or community that you could join to help make a difference? What do they do?