Watch the video below with a youth(s), then use the questions below to have a mentoring conversation with them.
- In the song it talks about a mentor being "sort of like a ripcord". How is a mentor "like a ripcord"?
- Also, in the song it says that a mentor is "sort of like a surfboard". How is a mentor "like a surfboard"?
- The last part of Verse 1 talks about young people giving up on life or being confused. Do you know any of your peers who are like this? Are some doing drugs?
- What is a big sis? Big bro? Big homie?
- How are you or how can you be a big sis, big bro, or big homie for your peers or siblings?
- Who will you go mentor?