Watch the video below with a youth(s), then use the questions below to have a mentoring conversation with them.
- How tall was Brandon Todd?
- What was Brandon determined to do?
- How many times did Brandon try to dunk a basketball?
- What did Brandon do to help him finally be able to dunk?
- Have you ever had an experience in which you felt like you just could not accomplish something? What was it? Did you quit or reach your goal? Why?
- What are some excuses some people come up with for quitting?
- How do you show that you are not a quitter (in your sport, in your classes, at home, in life)?
- What happens to quitters in life?
- What happens to those who refuse to quit when life gets hard?